Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Susannah Marks: unique

My most vivid memories of you Ester are from childhood. They are of yourself, Miriam and I in Portugal in the Summer. Even then I can remember you trying to keep the peace between myself and Miri, you took the role of mother and at that early age showing your greater maturity. Ester if there was one word I could use to describe you it’s UNIQUE. You always stood out whenever I saw you. Although I did not see nearly as much of you after childhood I have a very distinct memory of more recently when you and Angela came down to the country to stay with us. I remember I was going through a terrible teenage phase and was screaming at everyone. I looked up to see your face and I suddenly got this horrific feeling about what I was doing, which I will never forget. You always made an impression on me that is so real you can touch it, it’s an indescribable feeling just UNIQUE and something I will never ever forget.